Islamic Quotes About Women
Today marks International Women’s Day, a global day to celebrate women and their achievements. Women play a huge role in society, as mothers, nurturers, professionals, educators and community role models. Despite contributing to society’s advancement in multiple ways, their accomplishments are sometimes overshadowed.
Contrary to popular belief, Islam places great importance on women, and recognizes the multiple roles they play. Below are seven Islamic quotes about women's rights.
1. “Their Lord responded to them: “I never fail to reward any worker among you for any work you do, be you male or female – you are equal to one another.” Qur’an, 3: 195
2. “Heaven lies beneath the feet of mothers”. (Prophet of Islam, may peace be upon him)
3. "And for women are rights over men similar to those of men over women." (Quran 2:228)
4. "And whoever does righteous deeds, whether male or female, and is a believer, those will enter Paradise and will not be wronged, [even as much as] the speck on a date seed." (Quran 4:124)
5. "And their Lord has accepted of them, and answered them: 'Never will I suffer to be lost the work of any of you, be he male or female: You are members, one of another.'" (Quran 3:195)
6. "Treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and committed helpers." - Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)
7. "Whoever works righteousness, man or woman, and has faith, verily, to them will We give a new life, a life that is good and pure, and We will bestow on such their reward according to the best of their actions." (Quran 16:97)
At Muslim Hands, we believe in empowering women so they can realize their potential, and contribute to their well being. This International Women's Day, we would like to thank our donors. Through their generosity, we are able to give the most vulnerable women, men and children, a hope for a better tomorrow.
You can also contribute to our Motherkind and Livelihoods projects geared towards helping women realize their full potential.