The Last 10 Days: Let's Strive to be Better Muslims
Being a well-rounded Muslim encompasses many facets of Islamic teachings. While prayer, fasting, and charity are essential acts of worship, the fundamental teachings of Islam place great importance on an individual's character. Empathy, honesty, and kindness are all important qualities mentioned in the Quran and Hadith.
As we enter the last ten days of Ramadan, let's strive to be Muslims who not only fulfill their religious duties with the utmost dedication, but also conform to the highest ethical and moral standards. Let's strive to stay true to the code of conduct laid out in the Quran and the Hadith.
Below are seven quotes from the Quran and Hadith which emphasize the importance of good character.
1.Rasulullah salallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said, And what is most likely to send people to Paradise? Being conscious of Allah and good manners. (Al-Bukhari)
2. The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said:
“The most beloved of you to Allah is the best of you in character”
3. “There is nothing weightier in the scales than good morals and
manners.” (Abu Dawood)
4. Verily, the believers with the most complete faith are those with the most excellent character and who are most kind to their families.”
(Sunan al-Tirmidhi 2612)
5. “The most complete of the believers in faith are those with the most excellent character,
and the best of you are the best in behaviour to their women.”
(Sunan al-Tirmidhi 1162)
6. “Truly, the believer can reach, by means of good manners and morals,
the degree of one who constantly fasts.” (Abu Dawood)
7. "The most beloved of people to Allah are those who are most beneficial to people." (Al-Mustadrak)
May Allah (swt) guide us towards the path of spiritual rejuvenation. As we forge towards the last ten days of Ramadan, let's strive to be the best version of ourselves. May we continue towards the path of righteousness even after Ramadan. Ameen.